Thursday, May 22, 2008

So, what did you do today?

Today was my day off.  My one day off this week.  My one say to sleep in and do absolutely nothing.  And, what did I do?  Got up even earlier than normal.  And then I headed out.  My boss's cousin was having computer problems, and so I was asked to fix it.  Multiple virus infections, a couple of trojan horses, and a 'hot version' of windows that spat put annoying pop-ups every five minutes (thanks to The Anti-Christ).  It took me three hours to bring it under control (most of that was spent downloading an acceptable AV and lecturing Billie on the virtues of Shiny Side Out, and practicing safe hex).  After running an av scan (and tell him that his supposed AV program in an of itself was malware), I got his system locked down. 

Then off to his sister's house.  There, I secured the Wi-Fi (so they won't be providing free internet access to their neighbors). then added another computer to their home network.  In the past two weeks, I've 'Wi-Fi'ed three houses, deloused two computers, and nuked one computer from orbit.  And I still need to finish upgrading one computer's hardware.

When you call for tech support, your call is usually routed to India.  When an Indian has computer problems, he comes to me........

So, what did you do on your day off?

Technorati Tags: ,

No comments: