Thursday, May 01, 2008

A wee bit faster......

I've noticed of late that whenever I used Firefox (yes, it's my spreadfirefox link), it's always seemed slow.  Slow to load up, and then half the web hung up in some form or another.  To the point that I started dabbling with Safari, Opera, and (Gasp!) Intranet Exploder.  So today, I decided to do something about it.  When I started up Firefox today, I went through my extensions.  All 59 of them.  And uninstalled a third of them (I never used them anyway, and many of them were out-dated).  Then I went through and got rid of all my themes (I don't know why I got them to begin with, since I just use the default theme, anyway).  And firefox is a faster now.  When I fix friends' computers, the most common cause of problems is the '3 stooges syndrome' at start-up.  And firefox can get that issue as well, apparently......

No comments: