Thursday, August 20, 2009

Way to go, RIM….

It took 3 calls to T-Mobile, 1 visit to a T-Mobile store, multiple soft resets and 1 hard reset. But I have a working phone again. Here’s what happened:

Sunday morning I noticed I was getting het with a bunch of messages from friendster and Facebook. But they weren’t mine. They weren’t even being sent to any of my accounts. And they weren’t sms/mms messages (RIM and T-Mobile both have confirmed you can’t send HTML formatted text messages). So I called T-Mobile. And the said upgrade to blackberry 4.5. Which is what I had already ( so I couldn’t do it). A visit to the T-Mobile store, and my phone was hard reset (causing me to lose all my data, and apps). And they still kept coming in. One more call, and the support droid said to delete my email accounts and add them manually. And I still kept getting them. So I called again, and this time I told them point-blank that I wanted to talk to RIM. So off to RIM I went. The level 1 technician took some information (including my phone’s PIN) and had me forward one of the messages to him. After being on hold for and extended period of time, I was handed off to a level 2 tech. And he promptly explained what happened. Somebody in Indonesia set up wireless notices for his/her blackberry and the pin they entered was off by one character. And the resulting pin was my phone’s. So, the offending account was deleted.

And I have my sanity back…

Technorati Tags: ,,

No comments: