Friday, April 23, 2010

To follow up…

A few weeks ago, I posted a recent (at the time) experience about the Orca Card and bus service in general. You weren’t the only one to see it. I kinda sorta borrowed a page from The Consumerist and deployed an Executive Email Carpet Bomb. Going to the Peirce Transit web site, I found their Board of Commisioners, took down all their email addresses, and let it loose (along with a copy to main@soundtranist.org and contactus@orcacard.com). This was bound to get results, since among the members are the Pierce County Executive, the mayors of Tacoma and Puyallup, and the CEO of Pierce Transit. I immediately noticed hits to my blog from Seattle (headquarters of SoundTransit) and Lakewood (headquarters of Pierce Transit). This lasted for about three days (I sent it on a Wednesday night). And on Tuesday, I received an email from a Peirce Transit who was responsible for the implementation of the Orca Card). The formal letter of apology was in a PDF attachment. And they mailed it to me. Via certified mail. And I haven’t had a problem with being overcharged by the driver since then.

I’m sure they didn’t want to hear it this way, but when you’re customer service reps are condescending, rude, and incompetent, then you’re going to have to deal with customers like me…

Sometimes people do read their mail, though….

No comments: