Thursday, April 22, 2010

And Lo!

The Noodly Appendage did reach forth, and The Flying Spaghetti Monster has called home Harry Wappler, so Wayne Cody can have a decent weather forecast while they both frolic among The Beer Volcanoes and Stripper Factories. Ramen…

I really didn’t watch KIRO TV growing up, but I do remember Wayne Cody and Harry Wappler. There was another show, Almost Live (a local equivalent of Saturday Night Live), and Wayne Cody was on occasion a target, owing to his size… Harry Wappler, IIRC was the first weather forecaster that I remember being called a meteorologist. I mainly got my local news fix from King 5, but I remember watching KIro on occaision.

RIP, Harry.

PS, for those of you who don’t know about Almost Live, here’s a little bit of what you missed. This was always my favorite sketch:

Always remember to behave yourself…

No comments: