Monday, December 11, 2017

Sometimes, it’s not the cutting edge….

There are times when you have to be at the absolute bleeding edge. Then there are times when it is best to stay one step (or more) behind. Like when a new version of Windows comes out. Like my laptop TV tuner.

I ordered from NeweggHauppauge 1595 WinTV-dualHD Dual Tuner USB. I didn’t think much of it since I have a pci-e TV Tuner in my tower that also manufactured by Hauppauge. The problem is that the tuner stick I ordered doesn’t have an analog tuner, which is what I need since I use a cable box. And it says so right on the device’s web page. But I didn’t bother looking, I just ordered. Oh well. Lesson learned. I’ve already ordered the right TV tuner, and I made sure to get the right one.

BTW, I ordered this one.

No comments: