Tuesday, January 07, 2020

Finishing up my holiday shopping….

Yes, all the Christmas presents that I bought were given away. But, on Christmas Eve, I took a look at my finances and realized that I could now afford something that I’ve been looking forward too for a while. When I built my computer, I spent the most money on as much motherboard that I could afford, and put in a lower end CPU. Christmas Eve, I realized that I could now afford an AMD Ryzen 7 2700X. So I pulled the trigger. And I also upgraded the RAM to0 (I’m now at 64 gB). Yes, I know that my components are a couple of years old already, but I’m not going to spend 4+ figures for top of the line parts, only for them to be obsolete the next week. Well, not obsolete, but still the deprecation in price will be worse than a car.

As for performance, the best stress test, I can think of is Flight Simulator X. So I crank up all the display settings to their respective maximums, and I still got a decent framerate. But then again, some would say that it’s already obsolete, but it works even better than I had before, so Im not goin to complain…

No comments: