Wednesday, January 01, 2020

Should Auld Acquaintance Be Forgot, 2019 Edition

2019 was a trip. In no particular order,  here’s what happened…..

  • Took about 2 weeks from my regular day job to cover the owner’s vacation at Mrs Fields.
  • Discovered Willow TV, and the sport of Cricket in general.
  • Built my first PC from scratch. And I just upgraded the processor (but that will be an entry in an of itself).
  • Bought 4 pairs of shoes, all at once.
  • Bought a new coffee maker. I usually do it by the k-cup, but there are times when a full pot is called for, and this one does both.
  • Experienced new levels of frustrations with UPS.
  • Decided my cable service needed to be adjusted. This led to multiple visits to the cable store, 2 tech visits, and now I can no longer use the TV tuners in my Tower and/or my laptop. But my internet service is now much faster, and I can admin the Wi-Fi from my phone.
  • Got ripped off at Jack In The Box. Complained. Got 2 form letters, and a not-so-subtle SLAPP threat for my efforts.
  • Discovered UberEats. It’s pricy, but then again, I can have Shari’s delivered….

A lot did happen this year, and I’m sure this is just the tip of the iceberg. Here’s to 2020….

No comments: