Wednesday, April 29, 2020

More adventures with Linux

Ok, I can install OpenSUSE and run it side-by-side with Windows 10. But ultimately what happens is that I run into some difficulty, and while I could solve it when running windows in my sleep, Linux is so different, that I take the nuke it form orbit approach, and wipe the partition. Now this constant repartitioning of my hard drive isn't good for my computer (my second hard drive was refurbished). So, for now, I'm going to stick with vmware player. What this also means is that I can also play around with Fedora, Ubuntu, OpenMandriva, and FreeBSD as well (this also includes my vm's of Windows ME and Windows XP as well).

I think I've written before that Domino's delivery is cheaper than McDonalds via UberEats. Though I spent over $50 last night, and I didn't even get one pizza (though a good chunk of that is that I believe in tipping the driver generously...). Tonight, I ordered from the Mexican restaurant right next to my apartment. It was literally a less than ten-minute walk from my apartment, and it took over an hour. I have a note on my GrubHub account that tells the driver which specific driveway to use, so they don't spend all night looking for my apartment. And you'd be surprised at how many drivers don't read....

No comments: