Tuesday, July 07, 2020

I wanted some pizza a couple of weeks ago…

I came home from work, and I was hungry. So I pulled out my phone and ordered some Domino’s. Actually, I was on the bus, but I selected future delivery and I was home by the time the driver delivered. When I was ordering on the app, I noticed that there a was pay with PayPal option, so I tried it. I signed in, selected my checking account, and placed the order. Got a confirmation email indicating that I was paying with PayPal.

And then the driver came, and said that I still needed to pay. Apparently I was never charged. I didn’t have the cash on me, and I’m not going to take stuff that I didn’t pay for so I declined the order. And I then called the store back, and explained to the manager what happened and I then paid for my order with a credit card. Basically because my ethics and my conscience answer to a higher authority. And I did order it, so I’m obliged to pay for it.

So that was the end of that. No use in bitching out the store personnel since this was beyond their control. But I took it to Twitter. I messaged Dominos with all the details, and I just wanted to know why they’re not taking PayPal when they give it as an option to pay. And their response was to just ask me for more personal info that they don’t need. I also called out PayPal, but I’m not going to bother with their response as they’re just a ‘bot. Dominos just doesn’t know how to read…

So last Saturday I again ordered Dominos. This time, applying the lessons learned in previous weeks, I paid with a credit card. Driver showed with and extra order of cheesy bread and a Diet Coke, saying that his manager added these because of the problems with my last order….

Moral of this story: Never use PayPal for ordering takeout/delivery and always tip generously….

No comments: