Tuesday, July 21, 2020

Yesterday’s experiment….

Ok, I just had to try Windows 7 again. I thought I’d have better results with an MBR boot drive than a GPT one. But with my other hard drives being GPT, I was having issues. So yesterday, I did a complete external back up. Then I booted off the Windows DVD and went straight to Diskpart, and used the ‘clean command to wipe everything completely. And I was able to initialize my ssd as a MBR drive and I installed. And then when I went to set up my other hard drives, I realized the problem. The windows installer had initialized one of my hard drives as MBR as well. Apparently Windows 7 doesn’t really want to recognize m.2 ssd’s. Learning my lessons from previous attempts, I went ahead and put the Windows 10 DVD back in, and it’s back to the drawing board….

Sometimes, the only you’re going to learn is to go ahead and make the mistake. But that’s why we have backups…

No comments: