Tuesday, April 27, 2021

Hello World, Kinda Sorta…..

I wrote a while back about my computer’s power supply going south. Ordered a new one off of Ebay. And it was shipped from Newegg. Not that I mind. Anyway I got a Rosewill 1000 Watt Gaming Computer Power Supply 80 Plus Bronze PSU Glacier 1000M (an upgrade from my 750 Watt power supply). And since I was going to be pulling open my tower, I decided it was time to retire my 4tb hard drive (I bought 1 in 2015, and the other I bought in 2019, but it was already used). So I replace them with 2 Toshiba X300 HDWR180XZSTA 8 tb hard drives. Which means that my main tower now has a total of 25 tb of storage space. My first computer only had 30 gb and that was a $150 upgrade….

So Rosewill/Newegg shipped the power supply via UPS. I ordered the hard drives in 2 separate orders from Newegg, and they were shipped via OnTrac. They were due to arrive last Wednesday by the end of business. I had to work that night. I left the house at 7:30 pm, and they still hadn’t arrived. Tracking the shipments, I noticed that they were both delivered, one at 9:30pm and 1 at 10:11pm. After my roommate had gone to bed. So 1 package was left out overnight. The other one that was supposed to have been delivered at 10:11 never showed up. OnTrac was of course no help at all (I previously had issues with them on a couple of orders from Spamazon, and they are not the best). Contacted Newegg, and they immediately filed a claim for a lost package, and I thought that was the end of it. After a couple of weeks if I was lucky, I would get my money back. 2 days after I was supposed to receive it, it showed up at my door. Newegg did offer me a discount on a future order for my trouble, and they will be lodging a complaint with OnTrac. Never underestimate Newegg’s customer service.

So, I put everything into my computer this weekend, and I then wiped everything. Which is where I am now. Reinstalling everything. This is going to take a while, but through the magic of symlinks I can now move a lot of stuff off my 1tb ssd…

Hello World. Once again. Sorta…

No comments: