Tuesday, June 08, 2021

Feeling kinda lazy tonight…

So, for those of who don’t know, I acquired one of the store computers from then the Mrs Fields closed a couple of weeks ago. It was missing a hard drive, and a dvd drive. I had a few spare hard drives floating around, and a dvd drive is dirt cheap. So I ordered one on Spamazon. It arrived, and I realized I needed a bracket to install it, and so I ordered it from eBay. It arrived yesterday. It doesn’t quite fit, but I can make it work (I’m not putting that much effort into this, as it’s a 10+ year old computer). (Edit: I think I just found the right bracket on Spamazon. Ordered used).

So, as it stands, I can install an OS on it and start using it (it still has the sticker on it with the Windows 7 serial number), and I can download the drivers for it from the manufacturer. But I’m just lazy. Besides, I really don’t need to. If I need to run Windows XP, Windows ME, Or even Windows 7, I can run it in VMWare on my current Tower…

No comments: