Thursday, June 03, 2021

So what all happened last night….

Last night, I got up. Shaved. Showered. Got dressed and headed out to the bus stop. When I got there, another woman arrived at the bus stop, and she was drinking. I could smell the alcohol through my mask (I’m fully vaccinated, and a Covid survivor, but Pierce Transit still requires masks as it’s a federal mandate and not really worth the argument). And she was having a heated argument with the voices in head, and losing the same. So the bus arrives, and I think the driver’s going to deny her service (being intoxicated on the bus=not cool with Pierce Transit). And then the driver tells me that he’s full, I need to catch the next bus. And then he slams the door in my face and drives off.

If I caught the next bus I’d be an hour late at work. And that’s if I was able to catch it. My apartment is only 10-15 minutes from the beginning of the bus route and if it’s full by the time it gets to me, then there’s a better than average chance that it’ll be full the next trip. So I called out. I know I’m already treading on thin ice, but I can’t afford the Uber to downtown Tacoma. And it’s not really worth the worry.

But I did send an EECB (Executive Email Carpet Bomb) to the Pierce Transit board of commissioners, asking them how am I supposed to get to work if the bus service is unreliable. And why was somebody who was intoxicated (and possibly having an open container) given preferential treatment?

No comments: