Monday, September 13, 2021

This is fun….

Ok, another entry will be forthcoming about why I didn’t make it to work Sunday night. But this is a different story. If you remember this past spring, I replaced my 2 4tb hard drives with 2 8tb hard drives. And this past couple of weeks, I’ve noticed issues with one of them. File system errors. the inability to open folders. Ran a chkdsk and everything seemed to be fixed. So I continued to use it. And I noticed more errors. So I decided that it needed a format. Which is why I rebuilt my system last week. And this morning, as I set up my virtual machines, I still noticed the hard drive was giving me errors. So I need to either run a surface scan, or my hard drive is failing. If it’s the worst case scanario, I can’t afford to replace it, and I won’t be able to for a while. But I have plenty of space on my other drives, so for now this drive is going to be ‘abandoned in place’.  Eventually I may fix it, but until then, the world still goes around.

Do not panic.

No comments: