Wednesday, November 23, 2022

Here we go again....

When we last last our hero, I was using my back up tower pending replacement of several parts on my main tower. Taking a look at my finances, I realized it was going to be several months before I could afford them. I'm not putting them on my Christmas list, as they're too expensive, and it was my mistake in the first place. So moving forward, I pulled the TV tuner card out and installed it. I also pulled out one of my 8tb hard drives (old tower only had space for one drive).

But this means I'm rebuilding the system again. Had a bit of a scare this time. When I put everything together again, and went to torn out on, nothing happened. Pulled everything out, cracked open the case and started checking connections. Ave then I heard the satisfying click. The cable to power the processor had come loose. It happens when you're moving stiff around inside. Put everything back together, and it starts up.

Not the best of situations, but I still have something, and I just have to make the best of what's around.... 

No comments: