Sunday, October 29, 2023

I have space in my room again….

For those of you keeping score at home, my really big office chair broke a couple of weeks ago. Last week while I was on vacation, I ordered the replacement. This time, I didn’t go for the really big, high-backed boss’s chair. I just went for a plain, desk chair. It arrived Friday, and today I dismantled the old, broken chair and assembled the new one. It’s much smaller. But, on the bright side, I now have space in my room again. Which means I can watch TV from my easy chair now. While using my now recommissioned laptop.

Oh, and I upgraded my processor. This time I went with a Ryzen 7 5700X. I was looking at the Ryzen 9 5950X, but the price is an issue. The 5700X was on sale at Newegg, and I figured save a few bucks. When I installed it, I also switched coolers, going back to the Wraith Prism, just because of the ease of installation. The TDP of this processor is 65w, vs. 105w of the 3800X/2700X that I was running before (and I still have, just as a backup…), so I should see cooler temps…

Having said that, I think that this will be the last upgrade I make to this computer. If something breaks, I’ll probably replace it, but I also need to remind myself that what I have is perfectly good, and this isn’t cheap….

No comments: