Monday, October 23, 2023

Success!

Success! or a Vacation: Day 3 Update…

Like I posted this morning, I had my target run delivered. And then for lack of anything else to do went back to screwing around on my laptop. Another session of Windows/Microsoft Update that lasted 3+ hours when the same updates on my Tower took only 3 minutes at the most. But I stuck with it being as it’s a 17.3” with a touchscreen.

But it finally happened. I succeeded in rendering it completely unbootable. Yes, I still have a restore flash drive, or I can just use a recent Windows 10 thumb drive to start over again, but what’s the point. It’s over 6 years old. Even more than that because I got it refurbished. It’s slow. I can’t just throw it out since I have my personal info on the hard drive, and it’s gonna be a (four letter word) to take it out. So, I think it will go into the equivalent of The Drawer.

I may end up rebuilding it again if I end up fucking up my tower.

Now to watch what I can of the Monday Night Football game…

No comments: