Saturday, October 21, 2023

Vacation: Day 1 Agenda….

So the laptop still had issues, especially with hangups and freezes. Suspected a hard drive failure. Not that big of a deal (especially since the last time I turned on the laptop was over two years ago, when I rebuilt the tower). So this is just an exercise in the craft, more than actually using it for something productive…

Anyway, I decided to wipe it. First attempt was a system reset with the HP issued recovery partition. And it failed. Second attempt (successful, BTW) was with a Windows 10 22H2 flash drive. Also on the plus side: No HP bloatware that I have to uninstall…

Anyway, Day 1 agenda: work on the laptop, watch the Seattle Kraken on TV, India vs New Zealand in the Cricket World Cup, and the Rugby World Cup.

Failing that, the agenda will be doing as little as possible. After all, I am on vacation….

No comments: