Monday, January 11, 2016

Going well so far

Last week, I put Windows 10 on my computer for good. I’m still installing my software, and ‘moving in’, so to say. But today was a significant milestore. I installed Flight Simulator X and Flight Simulator 2004. And they both work. And with their installations, I finally formatted my previous hard drive. I kept it intact as an archive so I could access my documents and stuff (I had two other 1 tB hard drives that used for day-to-day back-ups), and so if I so decided, I could put it back in and go back to that Windows install. I’m also reinstalling my really old games (the ones that wouldn’t even work in Windows 7) on my VMware Player Windows XP VM (I had one previously, but I lost it last June).

Not all my old games are going to be reinstalled. Some I never played. Others I’ll install when I play them. It’s going to be a work in progress for a while, I guess.

But I’m at the point now where I’m spending more time using my computer now, rather than just installing software and updates….

No comments: