Saturday, January 02, 2016

Go/No-Go....

I've always said that if the temperatures fall into the teens, I'd call out at work. Not all the times. Most of the time, I can make it to work, even if it's that cold. But every once in a while, there's a time when I have to walk 4 and a half miles to the bus stop, and then about two miles to work from where I get off the bus. In those cases, if the temperature is in the teens, it's a no-go for me.... If it's even in the 20's. In that case, I can warm up from the excersize of the walk. But if it's the teens it's just pure freezing my balls off cold. And excersize won't warm me up....

So I get up this morning. Saw that it was 19 degrees at 1:30 this morning. And it tends to get even colder (about this time of year, the low temperature of the day is actually reached rght around sunrise). So I placed a call to the night manager....

No comments: