Sunday, January 17, 2016

Cancer sucks…

First there was Lemmy in Mortorhead. In all honesty, I never listened to them. I saw them first when they did an appearance on The Tonite Show with Jay Leno right after Jay Leno took over the show.

Then there was David Bowie. This one hurt. I didn’t even know he was sick. He wanted his cancer to be kept secret, and I admire him for that. I could never keep something like that quiet. But he did leave his fans with a parting gift, releasing an album right before his passing. He will be missed.

And then there was this one:

And then there was Alan Rickman. You may know him as Snape. Or Hans Gruber. Or the Voice of God. Or the Sheriff of Nottingham. On a side note: Roger Rees, who play the Sheriff of Rottingham in Robin Hood: Men in Tights also passed away this year earlier.

Cancer sucks.

Btw, here’s another one by David Bowie, covered by the Wallflowers:

No comments: