Monday, January 11, 2016

So long, I never used you to begin with....

My computer no longer has Bluetooth. In the fall of 2009, I bought a USB Bluetooth dongle from Wally World. I installed the drivers from the cd-rom, and always had problems with it. Then I downloaded the right drivers from the internet, and it worked fine. I could pair my smartphone with it, and with Windows Mobile, I could sync my phone with it. And I could use my bluetooth headphones with it as well. Therein lies the problem. I never used my bluetooth headphones on my computer. I always had my computer hooked up to my 250w stereo system, and had my sound routed through that. And after I upgraded to Android smartphones, my phones synced through my Google account. And I never needed to tether my internet connection with them. At home, all my gadgets connect to the same house Wi-Fi.

But there is was, on my usb hub. Due to interference issues, I actually had to get another usb hub to connect some of my components, and still keep them separated. And there were also the process that started up, using memory and processor.

So tonight, I took it out and uninstalled the software. So long Bluetooth. I never really used you on my computer...

No comments: