Tuesday, February 01, 2022

A step back, but forward….

Last fall I dropped my phone at work. It still worked, but it took a divot out of the display. It wasn’t really noticeable, but it was still there. And finally last night, I decided to do something about it. I finally dug through the Drawer and pulled out my Samsung Galaxy Note 9. Went online to T-Mobile and activated it. Well, the phone was activated on my account, but if you remember when I got it, it was a Sprint phone. And since I originally got the phone, there was a merger, and Sprint’s network finally got canned. But a 20 minute walk to the T-Mobile store and a SIM card swap later, I was good to go.

Now this is a 3 year old phone, so it’s not the latest and greatest, especially when it comes to battery life. But I’ve got two power banks, and this phone supports wireless charging (and I never threw out my wireless chargers). And this phone supports iris scanning instead of facial scanning, which means I can still wear a mask while authenticating (and also while wearing gloves).

It’s a step back. But it’s also a step forward…. At least until I pay off the Razr. And I might stick with this phone for a while after that. After all, it does have a separate headphone jack….

No comments: