Wednesday, February 09, 2022

New phone at work…

So I was issued a new cell phone at work. It will be replacing all of our hand-held terminals, our walkie-talkies, and our time clocks. Most of what I need to do on it I can already do on my existing Galaxy Note 9 via the app that I’ve downloaded from Google Play. But they said that this new phone is now part of our work uniforms, so I will have to keep it on me.

In case you’re wondering its a Samsung Galaxy Pro Xcover. It actually hasn’t been activated with regular service yet (it only works on wi-fi). We are allowed to install our own apps on it, and if we want to, we can also activate our own service on it. I had it on my home w-fi Sunday morning to update some apps on it and I wasn’t too thrilled with some of the location tracking settings on it. Needless to say, as soon as I clock out, it gets turned off, and it’ll be turn on when I clock in the next day…

No comments: