Monday, April 06, 2009

A bit of advice

One of the stores next to my $day-job asked to look at one of their computers.  Apparently, they told me, it had a whole load of virii.  I get to the laptop, and notice no virus activity.  What caught my eye was the fact that there were three anti-virus programs.  So I immediately uninstall 2 out of the 3 programs (and yes, I took Norton off.  When it comes to crappy, half-assed software, Symantec is even worse than The Anti-Christ). That’s all I did. nd ti improved performance dramatically. I was amazed it would even boot up….

Moral of the story: Choose your AV wisely, because whatever choice you make, you can only install one. Because if you call me to fix it, I will charge you for it. And it won’t be cheap. Learn quickly, or part with your brass….

Technorati Tags:

No comments: