Thursday, April 30, 2009

Third time’s a charm

I hope at least.  The one thing I’ve realized is that nothing ever goes the way you plan it.  I decided very recently to wipe and reinstall everything on my computer (I know of no virus that can survive a ‘format C:’ command).  But usually what happens is it takes me mulptiple tries to get it right.  On my old computer, most of those tries usually were involving me going really Old Skool and trying to put Windows ME on my machine when I usually absolutely no reason to…).  In the past 36 hours I’ve wiped and reinstalled Windows XP 3 times.  And I think I’ve just got it right this time (at least I made it past the windows update stage.  400 megabytes, not including Office, which had been done separately…)

But on the bright side, since this was a new version of windows that came with this computer, I can still activate over the internet (my previous copy had been activated so many times from my misadventures, that I had to call The Anti-Christ everytime to activate it.  My opinions of Microsoft aside, Indians are really nice people.).

Technorati Tags: ,

No comments: