Saturday, March 12, 2011

Into the kitchen, boy....

Edit: I never thought I'd see the day, bought tonight Blogger for Android is easier to post to than Windows Live Writer. I don't know what's wrong with it. But tonight's blog entry is courtesy of my phone. And the Swye public beta...

Edit: wrote this on my phone, but links were added from my computer.

Anyway, IgwanaRob once posted about cooking his own ROMS for his Tilt II (aka the HTC Rhodium, our the Touch Pro II), the he settled upon the ENERGY ROMS, which I used for my Rhodium and my Leo, before I switched to Android (in fact, there is an ENERGY ROM for Android, too). I haven't yet found a specific Android kitchen, but when using the Clockwork Recovery mod, I found a way to do some serious tweaking on my ROM. Before it's installed.

I start of with Rafdroid, what ever the current version. Then I unzip the archive (CWM ROMs are actually .zip files). Then I start off by deleting stuff I don't use (I don't tweet, so Twitter stuff can go, as well as most of the HTC Locations stuff). I used to use another ROM, and I liked the skins it used, and so I load those in. And I add some stuff I use, then re-zip and install.

And there's another flash I do for the custom theme, just because I like the flying windows it offers, but I've yet to figure out how to cook everything in at once.

Now, while I'm on Android ROMs for the HD2, I've noticed the best ones I've tried come in two flavors: those that are based on the HTC Glacier (the MyTouch 4G), and the HTC Ace (the HTC Desire HD). The Glacier based ROMs have the eye candy, and generally they take up less space (meaning you have more space to download crap your don't need from the market...). But I've found that the Ace based ROMS have for functionality...

No comments: