Monday, April 11, 2016

It is finished…

Finally. Just finished reinstalling my games. I even added some more Thanks to Steam and Origin. With the exception of Halo, which should be arriving tomorrow, courtesy of Spamazon Prime. Now all that is left is to rearrange the Start Menu to my liking, which may take a while, as I’ve never really put much thought in how to arrange it.

I also tonight finished logging in to all my apps on my phone. Now to customize the home screens, and I’ll be set. Until the next time I get tee’d off and I wipe everything from orbit. With regards to what works on Windows 10 and what doesn’t, I’ve found a couple of workarounds:

  • Repurchasing them electronically. If it’s on Steam or Origin, then it’s probably compatible. There were quite a few games that I’ve repurchased. And I’ve also found some classics that were re-released. This is actually my preferred option. It can be expensive and rather frustrating, but compatibility is more guaranteed…
  • My Windows XP virtual machine. It’s no longer supported, but then again, neither are the games that will only work on it. And I really don’t like usually compatibility mode…

No comments: