Monday, March 27, 2017

For the first time…

For the first time since I bought my computer, I’ve completely ‘moved in’ to it on Windows 8.1. Meaning I’ve installed all of my apps. Including my flight simulators. Previous attempts had ended when I installed Chome, and then decided that I wanted to go a different way. I could’ve gone with Windows 10, but I have problems with Microsoft and their privacy practices. I don’t need any more ads when I’m using my computer (in fact the fist thing I do when I reinstall my OS is to add the HOSTS file from MVPS.org.

About a month and half ago, I replaced my Lexmark printer. I had stopped using it, though it was on the Wi-Fi, so I kept the drivers installed. Eventually the ink dried out, and it was time to replace it. So I decided to get a laser printer. I got myself a Brother from Worst Buy. Yes, I’m replacing a multifunction printer with just a printer, but it’s a color laser printer, and it can print both sides. As for a scanner, I still have my HP multifunction printer, which I got from Mother (may she spend all eternity in The Beer Volcano and The Stripper Factory) when she couldn’t figure out how to replace the ink.

I upgraded my speakers a few week ago. Permanently retired my Boston Acoustics and my Insignia speakers, and got something with a subwoofer. Though I keep the volume turned way down, out of respect to the neighbours downstairs….

No comments: