Sunday, March 05, 2017

So, what have I been up to these past few weeks…

Sorry I haven’t written anything of late. But something big came up:

I’ve had the Commute From Hell, especially given my preference for the opening shift at work. To be there at 6 to start, I’ve had to be up at 1:00-1:30 in the morning, and walked for 4 1/2+ miles to get to the bus stop. And I did it. And management was duly impressed. But there was another location only a 20 minute walk from my apartment. I first tried to attempt a transfer 3 years ago when I was still only part-time, and went nowhere. But I kept at it, and later that year, I was promoted to full-time (stuff like this happens when you show up on time). The next spring, I inquired again, and this time I was told to step down to part time before they’d even look at me. Needless to say, I stay where I was. Next year, I tried again, and this time the manager of the location came up to my workplace to specifically ask about me, and he stated that it was the right thing to do, but nothing came of it. But finally, this year, after the store manager, and the district HR manager went to bat, I got my transfer approved. And I start there tomorrow.

After 3 years of trying….

No comments: