Wednesday, September 27, 2017

Don’t ship Brown!

Over the past couple of weeks, I’ve ordered a few items from Worst Buy. Nothing really big. Just a couple of pairs of headphones and a watch. Ordered them online. And they were promptly shipped. That’s where my problems began. They were shipped via UPS. Normally when I’m not home, they leave a notice, and I can sign it, and they leave on my doorstep the next day. I’ve never had a package stolen (I trust my neighbors). But these last three shipments were not the case. There was just a simple notive on my door that they were being delivered to the UPS access point. After the first two items were delivered there (two different orders showed up on the same day), I went to pick them up. Big mistake. They require photo ID. My ID (Washington State ID card) was apparently not accepted. There was another option to use an SMS to verify my phone number. Nope. So I left without my packages. I had to go to work the next day, and due to bus routes and my work schedule, nothing could be done until today….

And there was a third order that was shipped brown. It was supposed to be delivered today. It was my day off. I decided to stay home today and wait for it. I could’ve gone to the hospital and visited my father today, but I decided to wait. I waited. And in the afternoon, I noticed that another notice had been left on my door. The driver never knocked! I did sign up for UPS MyChoice, and there was an option to reschedule delivery for $8.00 per package! I guess that’s why the driver didn’t bother knocking. UPS is trying to double-dip and collect on shipping from both ends. I contacted UPS, and after the standard we can reship it/we can return it hollow non-apology response, I told them to return all three items, and I’ll just eat my losses. They did offer to schedule a redelivery free of charge, but the trust is gone. I’ve also let Best Buy know what is going on. Perhaps their legal team will be more vigorous in recovering shipping losses than UPS is in bothering to deliver them.

I spent about $75.00 on these three items, and I didn’t get them. And I really don’t know if I’ll get my money back. UPS not only owes me an apology, but they also owe one to Best Buy. But we both know that’s not going to happen. Had UPS actually given a shit to begin with, I’d have my items. Instead, I have excuses, empty promises, and pretend apologies from incomptent clods who never really cared to begin with.

Just don’t ship brown people. UPS just doesn’t care.

No comments: