Thursday, October 05, 2017

Maintenance, Maintenance, Maintenance….

About a month ago, I noticed that one of my Yahoo! accounts was having password issues in Thunderbird. Due to security issues, I use a unique password for each login, so I generated a new password, and that was the end of it. However, that login was on my Tower, and the Mozilla Thunderbird profile in my laptop was a copy of it, and it was going to have the same issue (not really that big of a problem since the laptop runs Windows 10, and Windows 10 mail supports Yahoo!’s latest 2 factor authentication.

Tonight, when it came to install Thunderbird and Firefox in the Tower (as part of the rebuild I started Monday night), I took a few minutes and rebuilt all of my accounts in Thunderbird, and then recopied that profile into my laptop.

And for some reason Worst Buy keeps wanting me to reset my password. Their new password requirement are extremely onerous, and as soon as I get my passwords set on the tower & and I go to update the logins on my laptop, I have to reset my password again. I guess I should think twice before I shop there again…..

No comments: