Friday, October 13, 2017

Ok, so a couple of weeks ago…

I decided to go with Windows 8.1 a couple of weeks ago. Ok, pulled out the system restore DVD set and set about restoring my system (it came with Windows 8.1). Then came time to set it up. Right out of the box, Windows 8.1 normally sets up your Microsoft account, but in this case it didn’t. Ok, so I set up a local account, then fired up the laptop and googled it. And it turns out that it was a Windows Update patch that went terribly wrong. Microsoft was blaming this on the September Cumulative Update, but my computer was having issues without that update (I think it was Microsoft’s server). After about a week, I went with Windows 10 on my tower until Patch Tuesday this week, when I saw that this matter had been addressed.

And after installing Windows 8.1 (and patching it), I can see that the Microsoft Account issue with Windows 8.1 issues have been addressed. And I’ve also properly sized my hard drive partitions for a Linux installation, down the road….

No comments: