Thursday, January 17, 2019

Linux is dead. Long live Linux.

A couple of weeks ago, I decided to get myself something for Christmas (after finishing up my Christmas shopping), and so I bought the first 7 games of the Assassin's Creed franchise for my computer on Steam. After downloading the games, I backed them up and proceeded to wipe my tower to put one last install of Windows 7 on. I got to the point to where I restored my Steam library, and I verified that I have a valid back-up. Then I decided I wanted to go with Windows 8.1 instead. After I installed that, and while I was restoring my software, I decided to go back to Windows 10, which is what I’m running now. But on the bright side, I didn’t have to do a complete wipe to go from Win8.1 to Win10. I finished the rebuild last week, and I decided to do a complete back up of my Steam games. It took about 24 hours to do it (you do have to consider the fact that I have 185+ games now).

So last night, I decided to give OpenSuSE another try. Took me three tries to resize my hard drive to create some space, but I did. Then I took my install DVD and booted my system off it. And nothing happened. And I then remembered my previous attempt to install Linux would’ve involved wiping partitions that I wasn’t comfortable with. So, I say Linux is dead. Long Live Linux…

No comments: