Sunday, March 10, 2019

The past week’s misadventures on my phone…

I finally decided to upgrade my phone from Nougat to Oreo. Since my phone is S-off, it just means flashing the Oreo firmware and then flashing the ROM. Which went well, without any complications. unfortunately, I didn’t like the Oreo ROM. I was so used to the options I had to customize my Nougat ROM. So I thought it would be pretty straightforward. Reflash the Nougat firmware, then the recovery, and then the ROM. Ok, so I did that. And then I didn’t have my fingerprint scanner anymore. Reflashed the Oreo ROM, and everything worked again. Repeated this a couple of times, and each time, I couldn’t use my fingerprint scanner. Finally I downloaded the Factory ROM (Nougat) from Sprint, and ran the execuatable, and it install everything back onto my like it was from the Factory. So I then reflashed my custom Nougat ROM again, and the hardware worked, but I had no LTE data connection. Fortunately, Pierce Transit buses now have WiFi. So, yesterday I reflashed the factory ROM and this time I let it run, which I should’ve done in the first place, as it had to do a hands-free activation again. Once that was done, I then reflashed my custom Nougat ROM, and everything now works again.

If it ain’t broke, then don’t try to fix it….

No comments: