Tuesday, May 31, 2022

New? or Used?

Found a deal for a Ryzen 7 3800X. So I pulled the trigger. But it’s used. But hey, when I built my tower originally I used a not-new processor. But it’s still a generation better than what I’m running now (Ryzen 7 2700X). And I found a deal on Spamazon for a 8 TB hard drive. And if I’m going to buy a new CPU, I might as well upgrade the cooler, too. The Wraith Prism that came with the 2700X works well, but I wanted something heftier.

What this also means is that the PCIE 4.0 SSD that I bought last fall but I didn’t install will be getting installed. And my system will be ready for running Android apps in Windows 11, which I’ve already confirmed that I have a valid license for…

I guess my computer is getting some upgrades. And there are times when it makes sense to buy used…

No comments: