Tuesday, May 24, 2022

So I sent an email a couple of weeks ago…

So I sent T-Mobile an Executive Email Carpet Bomb a few weeks ago (normally this would be to Sprint, but as we all know, Sprint and T-Mobile have merged) regarding my issues with my phone rebate. There was a meeting of the heads, and after explicitly explaining to them why there will be no phone calls (all correspondence in writing, something to do with this). And so after a day or so, I got a reply that they were putting the discount back on my discount. I actually got it twice. The first time was from the email. The second time was from the Twitter dm thread that I was also trying at the time to straighten it out with (I sent a copy of the email to them as a ‘Hail Mary’ attempt. It worked as well).

So, I just got my bill. It has my phone installment at $50.00/month. Plus the $33.33/month trade-in credit. Plus 2 $33.33/month courtesy credits, one from the twitter dm, and one from the executive email. Now a part of me said to say nothing and enjoy the phone for free + 50 in bill credits, but eventually it’ll get found out, and it won’t be pleasant. Besides, integrity is a two-way street. If I’m going to hold T-Mobile to their terms, then I have to hold myself to them as well. So I sent another email asking to take two of the discounts off.

Today’s lesson is Honesty is the Best Policy.

No comments: