Tuesday, May 23, 2023

2 Bags of Garbage Later….

Laundry Day today. 2 loads washed, dried, and put away. And I decided to start a Purge. And by Purge, I meant cleaning my room. Usually, it’s a multi-day project, but I have to start somewhere. And today, it was my never used Easy Chair. Never used because of all the junk that was on it. Like my previous video card (still works, so into the Drawer). And a never-used USB 3 hub (right after I ordered it, I found another one that I liked, so I ordered that one. Still in the box, so into the Drawer again. I also found all three umbrellas that I thought I lost (could’ve come in handy during the past wet season). So that was the first bag of garbage.

Then my next Target was right in from of my TV. A lot of junk. Trashed. Then my TV stand. A lot of stuff on the bottom shelf that I never used. Like my electric tire pump (foot pump works just as well). Trashed. Old video cables. Trashed (I have the sad habit of just ordering new cables if I can’t find one right away). Old DVD burner from my HP 500-314 tower. Trashed, replaced by a Blu-Ray drive from when I was using the tower as my Blu-Ray/streaming box. Now I just use a Blu-Ray drive, and I can access all my streaming services via my cable box (with a voice activated remote).

These were only two areas in my room, and I filled up two 30 gallon bags. This is a work in progress. But I can sit in my easy chair again (though I should look into getting rid of it completely). And I can now walk from my bed to my door….

No comments: