Wednesday, November 08, 2023

Just a lazy night off….

So, it’s my night off. And my tower is not running. I turned it off. I figured since I spent most of my vacation trying to get my laptop up to date and working, I might as well use it. So I’m sitting in my easy chair, rooting for the Dutch (England vs. Netherlands in the cricket World Cup). It’s also ideal for the ‘midday’ nap attack. When I had my big office chair, I could just lean back and have a quick snooze. But the chair broke, and I replaced it with a regular desk chair. It’s a better fit. I now have more space in my room. And from my easy chair, I have  a better sight line to watch my TV.

Now, about the tower: Sunday night, I pulled it out again. If you remember, when I put the Ryzen 7 5700X in it, I decided to go with my Wraith Prism cooler. Sunday night, I decided to put my Thermaltake cooler back in (no link, it appears to have been already disco’ed) mainly because it’s designed for 170w tdp vs. 105w tdp, And my processor averages about 30 degrees cooler.

Now about Sunday night: yes, I called out. I looked at the weather forecast, and saw that it was going to rain all night long, and my shoes aren’t the most waterproof. And then I woke up at 4 with the serious cast of the runs. A review of my time off showed that I had accrued sufficient sick time to cover my shift, so I used it. Good thing as I had to make another rush trip to the men’s room at 9, when I would’ve been normally on the bus… This was a decision that essentially made itself….

No comments: