Tuesday, November 28, 2023

So I survived yet another Black Friday….

Ok, for the record my day-job is in retail (I’m not disclosing where I currently work at as my opinions may not exactly mesh with my employer’s, and plausible deniability….)….

So this weekend I survived another Black Friday. In fact it was Black Friday #29. I thought it was #28, but I’ve apparently lost count. It started in 1995 at The Original Cookie Company (before the merger with/buyout by Mrs. Fields). Then Target (yes, I worked there for 3 1/2 months 25+ years ago). Then back to Mrs. Fields, this time with 2 stints in Corporate owned stores and 3 franchises. And then Home Depot. And now my current employer.

Anyway, several retailers that I purchase from (namely Steam, Gog, Spamazon, Newegg, etc.) started their Black Friday sales early. And I had willpower. I resisted. All weekend long.

And I get home from work Monday morning, and sat down to my computer, and Cyber Monday. I had resisted all the Black Friday sales. But my willpower has its limits. And I realized that the prices on SSDs are going to go up in the upcoming months. And there was a 4 TB one on sale at Newegg. And I could afford it just barely.

Long story short, I’ve just broken my promise to myself on no more computer upgrades….

No comments: