Wednesday, October 26, 2011

A few more misadventures on the internet…

Day off today. Normally, I’d sleep in (especially since I have to be at work überearly tomorrow morning). But I had to get up early today, and keep watch at the door. Last week, I ordered some probably useless crap from Worst Buy, and both items were supposed to arrived today.

First item to arrive was the wi-fi card. I like the Netgear WG-311v3, but the driver installation can be a bit tricky. And it’s darn near the only wi-fi card that I can find that has a Win9x driver for it (come to think, I’m probably going to end up just parting out the other tower I have, but in the rare possibility that I use it, I’d like to have a compatible card for it). Looking around, I noticed that Worst Buy is going from pci Wi0Fi adapters to usb (which I don’t like, as components like this sometimes tend to throw you rude comments when you pull them from one port, like during system maintenance, and then put them in a different port. Besides I have enough of a cable jungle as it is…). On the website, they had a deal for a factory refurbished Linksys WMP600N, so I went for it. A glance at google shows the possibility of Linux dirvers for it too (though that is not a high priority now).

The second item was a microsd card for my phone. A 32 Gb one. Meaning I can sync my entire music library over, and still have plenty of space for my hidden data partition, and several ROMs at once. And it’s a class 4 (might not be workth bragging about, but it is replacing a class 2…).

No comments: