Monday, October 03, 2011

What when down this week….

I got a second monitor again for my computer. But I’m still drawn more to my laptop. There have been a couple of things that I’ve wanted to blog about this week, but I’ve also been mastering the art of putting things off. And that is a skill that you need to constantly practice…

Anyway, some if the pointless (and some not-so-pointless) stuff that has happened recently:

  • Fall has arrived. I can tell this from the rain. On my day off. Like this afternoon, I guess off form from work, and I couldn’t help but notice the droplets falling on the pavement around me as I walked home form the bus stop. And it really picked up when I got home. Like cow pissing on a rock.
  • It’s over for the Mariners. Another season of losing. There were a couple of streaks, and iirc we went a week before the first w. But we only needed The New World Order (Mind-Control Division) for a few weeks this year… Because then we have Association Football (that’s soccer, idiots)…
  • The Sounders FC have clinched a play-off spot. And the Cascadia Cup. And a return to next season in the Concacaf Champions League. Three winning seasons, and three playoff appearances. Though the Seahawks have demonstrated that you don’t necessarily need the former to have a latter… Though I hope they can repeat next year, as Kasey Keller is retiring at the end of this season (hats off to Keller, though. In MLS, it’s usually Latinos and Europeans who are the stars. Keller, an American was a star in Europe before coming to Seattle.
  • The Seahawks aren’t too hot (as usual) Jackson ain’t getting the job done, and Caroll needs to get Whitehurst in there, or he needs to go back to the NCAA….
  • The Detroit Lions are *team* to be reckoned with this year. 4-0 (that’s right, undefeated), not 0-4. They’ve defeated the Vikings (in Minneapolis, a feat that’s not supposed to happen). And they went into the fourth quarter with Dallas down by 14 points. Then Tony Romo decided to embrace Christianity. And we all know what Lions do to Christians…
  • Tonight’s Sunday Night Football match had all the features. Lots of touchdowns, like you’d expect in a good professional game. It’s just none of the touchdowns came from the offense. They all came from the teams’ defenses or special teams. And this wasn’t a low-scoring affair. It has been said that offense sells the tickets, but it’s actually the defence that wins the games. Tonight was no exception.

No comments: