Tuesday, October 25, 2011

A little moving….

Nothing much. I’m not going anywhere. I’m just moving my cell phone’s files (basically the ‘kitchen’ where I cook my ROMs) from the laptop to the tower. While I like the laptop for it’s portabiltiy and (mainly) the fact I can surf and tinker around from the easy chair in front of the tv in my room, I do appreciate the dual-monitor display that the tower offers, which make’s it far easier to manage windows.

I really don’t cook ROMs. I just drag and drop files. Most of the Android ROMs for the HD2 are Clockwork Mod recovery type. Meaning that they’re .zip files. If you unzip them, you can then delete the files you don’t need, and add some of the programs and/or other files, that you have to have (I do have quite a few ringtones that I use). Just rezip and you can then flash your ROM, with your ‘tweaks’ cooked in…

I explained this to my boss when he had me root his LG G2x, and then he started downloading new ROMs for it. After a phone call to me (which I reminded him to be in the T-Mobile forum, lest he get a $500.00 battery charger. BTW, it’s easy to flash a clockwork ROM on a LG G2x. I should know. My boss can do it. BTW, he now has the latest Samsung Galaxy S II, and the LG is now for sale. Given his modus operandi, the new phone will be for sale in about three months. Not that I have anything against it. That’s how I got my first T-Mobile Shadow, and my HD2 (which I still use).

No comments: