Thursday, October 13, 2011

Eventually, I’ll get it right….

I’ve been trying to get my Android Powered HD2 to run Gingerbread. Everytime I think I solved the problems, another one comes up, and I decide to go back to Froyo. It’s olders, but it still works. I’ve swtched from Rafdriod back to Cmylxgo, with some modifications:

  • I’m using the apps2sd. I’ve given 2 Gb’s on my memory card for a separate paritition. Even though my phone has a full Gb onboard, I’m still running out of space on my phone. This means I don’t have to worry about running out of space, and I use a larger system directory (which means I can cook even more stuff into my ROM).
  • I’ve also cooked in the Topia and the Color transformation packs. And I shamelessly cooked in the start-up animation from the Bluetopia transformation pack. I tried using the color transformation pack in Rafdroid, but Rafdroid uses a diferent sized font, and the results didn’t come out looking quite right (It functioned just fine).

My boss has a T-Mobile G2x, and he’s been trying to sell it. I rooted it for him when he was running Froyo, and I upgraded it to Gingerbread. He asked me to root it for him (which is basically install Clockwork recovery and then flash a copy of the stock Gingerbread Rom that had been rooted). Now he’s asking me to cook a special ROM for him….

I now officially have three computers in my room: my XP tower, my laptop (that this is being written on), and a Win98 tower. I finally have all the necessary power cords, network cables, and even a surge protector for it. I just need to get a monitor for it (my XP tower has a dual display, and I can easily pull one monitor off for the other tower, but I like my twin-headed display too much). With all three of them going, I don’t think I’ll need to use the heater too much this winter (and this is going to be a La Niña winter, too).

No comments: