Sunday, January 31, 2016

Render unto Ceaser, 2016 Edition, part I

Did my tax return last night. And it was accepted (I filed electornically). I anticipate a refund this year (even more than years past). If you remember last year, I had to pay full price for my health insurance due to a misunderstanding with regard to the advance premium tax credit (a lesson I also took to HR at work so they could pass it on to the next co-worker who gets promoted to full-time). I wasn’t eligible for the credit in advance, but apparently I’m still eligible to take it with my tax return… This won’t be a problem next year, as I have learned my lesson, and I enrolled in the complany provided insurance as soon as open enrollment began.

But we’ll see what happens. Refund should arrive in 3 weeks…

No comments: