Thursday, August 14, 2008

So I’m watching the Olympics

I missed most of the opening ceremonies (I was watching the Seahawks pillage the Vikings.  In Minnesota.  And I was too tired from working two back-to-back shifts and only four hours of sleep).  But from what I’ve seen:

  • Michael Phelps rocks.  And I hear he has a hollow leg (though I can’t confirm it.  I’ve heard it through them thar intertubes, but then again they also that Belgium really exists)….
  • I’ve seen a swimming heat where the existing world record wouldn’t have even got you a bronze this year…
  • Why does Belgium have an Olympic team?  Everyone knows that it doesn’t really exists….
  • Of all the sports I see, I think that men’s volleyball is the most entertaining.
  • Is it me, or are the uniforms in the women’s sport showing more skin?  I’ve seen it across the board, and given the ages of some of the athletes, I’m slightly wondering if we’re really just prostituting minors.  Sure, you need flexibility and freedom of movement, but cover up, please.  You’re an athlete, not a whore…
  • Boxing ain’t that bad either.
  • Lay off Alicia Sacramone.  Whatever mistake she made in the competition, she’s still a child.  And a silver medal at the Olympics is still very much A Good Thing.  Concentrate on the good things, people. [Edit: I just saw her age.  She may not be a child, but still lay off her].
  • At least one of the Chinese gymnasts is a underage, in my opinion.
  • How in the hell do they get all those camera angles?

The Olympics will be over in a few days, and then we can get back to what late summer and fall ought to be about:  Football.

No comments: