Monday, August 18, 2008

An unexpected surprise…..

Since I was at my previous apartment for less than a year, I had given all hope of getting my security deposit back.  I still live at the complex (I had just moved into a different apartment), and I assumed my manager had ‘carried over’ my deposit into my new, or I left the previous apartment in that bad of a shape.   Needless to say, I was just grateful that my deposit covered everything, and nobody was coming after me to recover damages….

Fast forward to five minutes ago, when I notice a letter on the designated mail table with my name on it.  It was a check from the apartment company  for the remainder (they took a chunk out for cleaning, but that’s par for the course).  My roommate had got the mail and never told me that I had mail that day.  BUt it’s still a good surprise.

And It’s my birthday today, as well.  Usually what happens is that everybody is usually broke by my birthday (and this year is no exception).  Well, at least I can celebrate. I'm getting a Shadow.

Technorati Tags:

2 comments:

IgwanaRob said...

Happy Hangover Day!

(and belated Birthday ;-) )

Roger Bryant said...

Thank you. Though it's hard to have a hangover when I don't drink. I actually got a cake this year, though my roommate ate most of it...