Thursday, January 01, 2009

Happy New Year

OK, I’m watching the New Years at the Needle.  I remember the fiasco that happened last year when the fireworks didn’t go off properly. They said it was a computer malfunction.  There is a reason why mission critical computers don’t run windows.  The Anti-Christ is known for doing a half-assed job.  Already I’ve seen the traditional marriage proposal live on TV (last year, they had three or four).  I’ve already celebrated the traditional way: with nachos and beer.

Now comes the New Years’ Resolution.  I don’t really make resolutions, and when I do, I usually end up breaking them my January 2, so these are more lifelong goals than resolutions. Anyhow, I resolve to:

  • Take better care of myself.  I am a diabetic, and I am starting to see some the complications of the condition.
  • To get out of debt.
  • To live within my means.  The economy’s been in the toilet for awhile, partly because of people using credit, not realizing that eventually the bills come due, and the piper will always get paid.
  • To be more productive at work.  It is far easier to retain employment than it is to find new employment.

Anyway, Happy New Year.  I must now retire.  I don’t have tomorrow off, and I have to get up pretty bright and early.  At least, the fireworks went off properly.

No comments: