Saturday, December 26, 2009

Feeling somewhat better

Yes, I know I missed the chance to exhort you to have a productive Airing of Grievances and Feats of Strength with Festivus. And then there was the Godless Pagan Holiday we had yesterday.

Unfortunately, I've had a serious head cold this week. One of the down side of being diabetic is that bugs like this are very much worse. Normally, I avoid taking cold and flu remedies and just try to sweat it out. I would go for cough drops and tylenol (the headache does no one any good). The one thing I do miss is sudafed. I can’t find it anymore because the damn tweakers caused it to pulled of the shelf. But I’m feeling somewaht better of late (the 12 hours of sleep last night may have helped, too….).

Anyway today allegedly was Christmas. But I celebrated my Christmas on Christmas Eve at the Big Family reunion. There was fun. family, the obligatory church  service…. In years past, we practiced a modified Secret Santa (where we drew names from a hat, and that was who we shopped for), which was good. This year, the order was white elephant (where you spent $10.00 at most, and this year the presents were given out by lottery). Of course, I threw a monkey wrench into the process by bringing an extra, ‘spare’ gift. I don’t regret it (I never know which cousin’s bringing a significant other, or if we’re going to have an unexpected guest). Anyway, a blast was had by all, an the fact that they were distributed via lottery makes it all the more funny. You don’t have to really score the loot to have a good time. The most funny moment was when one of my cousins opened her present and realized that it was a photo album. For babies. Unfortunately, children are definitely not in their future (that’s what she said…). Although I think the dreidel I got for my very much Christian uncle was funnier…

So Merry Christmas (late), Happy New Year, Happy Godless Pagan Holiday, and Happy Festivus….

No comments: